Monday, February 24, 2014

Green juice for beginners


 photo foto1.jpg

I am still a newbie when it comes to green juices and to be honest I was not a big fan at first, but today I found a combo that I really like so I see lots of green juices in my future! My plan is to slowly up the greens and maybe reduce the amount of fruit once my tastebuds have adjusted, but for now I will stick with this tasty combo.

Ingredients:
2 stalks of celery
Half a cucumber
4 cups of spinach
1 apple
1 orange
1 lemon
A thumb of ginger

Directions:
  1. Just run it all through a juicer – if you do not have a juicer it is possible to do this with a blender and a nut milk cloth (or cheesecloth or something similar) to strain the pulp. My juicer is not good with leafy greens so I actually blend them in -  yes it is a bit of a process, but I definitely think it is worth it. 
  2. I prefer to drink right away in order to preserve all the nutrients, enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. love your blog, its so unique! now folowing you on bloglovina and gfc, keep in touch x

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall give this a try....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to peel the lemons/Orange first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to peel the lemon/Orange first?

    ReplyDelete