Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Banana pancakes with berry sauce and fresh blueberries


 photo foto4-5.jpg

So all of you have probably heard of the simple two-ingredient banana pancakes right? I have always wanted to give them a try, but for some reason I have just never gotten around to it. This morning I had some extra time before my lectures and decided to give the banana pancakes a try. I added a couple of extra ingredients to make them extra fluffy and filling and they turned out so good! I only very rarely make pancakes, but that’s definitely about to change, these pancakes are so fast and easy to make + they are super healthy and filling, haha pure pancake win! ;D
  photo foto1-4.jpg

Recipe – 2 servings:
4 eggs
2 bananas
1 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla powder

Coconut oil to cook the pancakes in

 photo foto3-4.jpg

Directions:
  1. Blend all the ingredients until smooth
  2. Heat a non-stick pan - I prefer to make them on high heat - and add a little coconut oil. When the oil has melted pour a circle of the pancake batter onto the pan, I used about 3 tablespoons per pancake
  3. Cook the pancake for about a minute or two until it is golden brown on the underside - flip it - and give it about a minute on the other side. The cooking time depends on how thick you make your pancakes
  4. I choose to top my pancakes with lots of berry sauce (I added a lot more after the picture was taken) and fresh blueberries. To make the berry sauce just blend your berries of choice (I used a frozen mix of blueberries, red and black currants, strawberries and blackberries) with plain skyr/quark/yoghurt – I like to use berries that are a bit sour as it complements the sweet pancakes nicely
  5. Enjoy!
 photo foto2-4.jpg


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog, your pictures always make me crave food! i wrote down a few of your recipes so I will def try them! Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you'll love the recipes! <3

      Delete