Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cashew'berry smoothie bowl


 photo foto2-1.jpg

One of my absolute favorite things to eat are smoothie bowls - people always ask me if don't get tired of eating them, but I honestly don't because the possibilities for smoothie combos and toppings are pretty much endless. Another big plus is that they are so fast and easy to make, but still super nutritious and tasty.

 photo foto3-1.jpg

Recipe:
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 banana
1/3 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup water
If needed - a little sweetener, stevia, honey, agave etc.

Just blend it until smooth, pour it into a bowl and add your toppings of choice. I used raw coconut chips, freeze dried blackberry, goji berries, chia seeds and mulberries - and I added a lot more after the picture was taken + some muesli ;)

 photo foto4-1.jpg

7 comments:

  1. so pretty! would almonds work well in lieu of cashews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I think it would be fine, but I would maybe soak them a little first :)

      Delete
  2. Do I have to soak the cashews or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Signe!
    Thanks so much for blogging :) I made this for breakfast and it was DELICIOUS!
    Can't wait to try those banana pancakes next!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for breakfast- DELICIOUS!!!!!!
    Can't wait to try the banana pancakes next!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you like it! I hope you'll love the pancakes as well! :D

      Delete